10 reasons to join ISBA
1. Be heard. ISBA represents 3,000 of the UK’s leading brands. We work as “one voice” and champion the needs of brand owners through advocacy. ISBA is the clear and consistent voice for advertisers. Add your weight to that voice.
2. Lead change. ISBA is driving change to improve standards in digital media and is creating a responsible and accountable market, which meets the needs of advertisers and offers quality and choice. Work with ISBA and its members to shape the future of the advertising industry.
3. Stay ahead of emerging policy, in the UK and globally. ISBA provides alerts, insight and practical support on what new developments mean for UK marketers.
4. Join a network of some of the industry's most respected CMOs to share knowledge and experience.
5. Have a voice in industry self-regulation. Work with ISBA to inform advertising’s code writing.
6. Save time and money. ISBA offers tailored advice on client/agency relationships, conducts agency search and selection and provides contract guidance – all free to members.
7. Negotiate better. ISBA has a range of benchmarking data and industry data to guide and support marketers with their negotiations.
8. Make better-informed decisions. Access ISBA’s knowledge, guidance, advice and expertise, avoid pitfalls and reduce trial and error.
9. Build team capability. ISBA offers a curriculum of seminars and events to provide insight and inspire your team, regardless of experience.
10. Access ISBA’s knowledge wherever you are. ISBA has a programme of activity across the UK, plus a programme of webinars and remote access to the ISBA video library.
Having a voice at the table on industry issues is important for Barclays. Through our membership we can share best practice and insight with other brands and contribute on the most pressing issues around advertising.
If we want to find out what is going on in the wider industry, how other brands are structuring marcoms for example, we go to ISBA. They offer us impartial, objective advice from their unique position in the industry.
TUI UK & Ireland
Working with ISBA made the overwhelming job of a creative pitch much more manageable and resulted in a very exciting appointment. We’d not only have found it much tougher without them, we’d have struggled to see the wood for the trees.
Taylors of Harrogate (Yorkshire Tea)
Who are our members?
ISBA is the sole representative body for advertisers in the UK. Exclusive to advertisers, ISBA is proud to provide one voice for over 3000 brands, ranging from the large to small and covering sectors as diverse as automotive, charities and food, right through to online retailers, pharmaceuticals and telecoms. Become a member and you will take your place amongst some of the UK’s best known and most respected brands, including 21 of the top 25 advertisers by spend.
ISBA has something to offer every marketer. From CMO and Marketing Director, right through to Brand Management, Digital Marketers and the Legal Team.
- Network with industry leaders
- Make better decisions
- Shape ISBA policy
- Gain impartial and objective expert advice/insights
- Develop your teams’ capabilities
- Guidance within the fragmented media landscape
- Representation against uncompetitive media concentration
- Negotiation and advice on media suppliers and contracts
- Keep informed and have your say on our Media Action Groups
- Impartial view and access to experience
- Network and grow your knowledge with peers from all business sectors
- Create new ideas and gain inspiration and insight into new concepts
- Learn new personal development skills and build your brand and your reputation
- Find the right agency to meet your digital needs
- Join your media group and have your say on developments and changes in your industry
- Be a leader within your company and the first to know about the latest developments
- Gain insight into digital transparency issues
- Supports your sectoral lobbying efforts
- Overview of EU policy
- Legal advice for marcoms contracts
- Dedicated, free legal helpline to help support your team
- Legal seminars, CPD certified
- Guidance through the self-regulatory framework and ad content issues
- Use ISBA Best Practice to build value within marketing communications
- Explore innovations and seek solutions at the marcom procurement group
- Deliver savings by using ISBA services
- Grow your knowledge within the marcoms sector
Making the most of membership
As a member, your team will have access to a range of exclusive, member-only services, designed to cater for all levels within both your marketing department and the wider organisation.
To ensure the utmost value from ISBA membership, there are a number of ways you can engage with us, led by your individual objectives and needs. We recognise that the challenges and requirements vary across the organisation and as such, we strive to ensure everyone from Marketing Director Level, through to the media department, brand managers, digital, public affairs and procurement is covered.
Engagement with key contacts is critical and we will connect with all relevant figures to ensure they receive the required updates, bulletins and briefing notes, as defined by their individual interests, needs and role. This would also include one-to-one briefings on core issues with the senior team, plus attendance at our range of CMO dinners, which cover key aspects of ISBA's campaign agenda
Encouraging engagement from the wider team and participating in one of ISBA's five media action groups not only gives your brand a voice but offers the possibility of influencing policy and affecting change within the industry. Your team will be able to attend relevant briefing sessions, seminars and our series of Insight events, which take place in London, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester and have the option to contact us with specific questions or queries as required.
A brand fully immersed within ISBA allows for representation on all of our action groups, our industry form and representation on our Governance structure, the ISBA Council and Executive Committee. This gives your organisation an opportunity to play a proactive role in our campaign agenda via relevant events, dinners and industry meetings. ISBA membership will give your team ownership of their development with access to all relevant events, seminars, webinars, training and networking opportunities.
For more information, please contact Jane Salliss on 020 7291 9020.